Sunday 27 May 2012

Remember Dingbats?

Dingbats are fonts where letters are replaced by images or shapes.  I thought it would be fun to get an interesting shape and cut the shape out off a card and back with patterned paper.

I found a beautiful bird font, HFF Bird Stencil, by Have Fun With Fonts, in dafont.com, which I knew it would be perfect.

Again, I used the Silhouette Cameo, which is my toy of the moment. Here's the cutout:


And the final result where I added with patterned paper. Basic Grey is perfect for this:


I think I'll make a few of them, to have as a stand-by thank you and birthday cards.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Sabriel said...

very clever!

Annamarie said...

Oooh, superb! A great idea and a wonderful card. Well done Elisa!

Ally said...

Cool!

Trinh said...

Wonderful idea & execution! Would be a great way for me to use up my patterned papers.

Sabrina said...

Hmm, I remember having some lovely dingbat fonts, but it always takes me so long to find the image I want.
These look great - but you already know I think that.